TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eco + Nitrous?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElvisC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Eco + Nitrous? Reply with quote

Hey, I've been looking around here on the forums, especially F/I. I finally came to a conclusion to my performance problems. Nitrous! Turbo right now for the ion is kinda sketchy and too much $$. I just need some opinions about some kits.

Right now i'm looking at the NX Stage 1 EFI Wet Kit. Pretty cheap and heard it's a good kit. Along with that i'm going to be cleaning out my fuel injectors (16300 miles) and new fuel filter. ( can't be too careful Smile )

I'll be doing a 50 shot to be on the safe side until i do internals. Also i'll be getting a wideband o2, and the Gen-X(?) package. All of this will be done professionally ( i dont wanna mess it up lol)

Please tell me your experiences with different companies, even if you have a LLO give me your opinion!! I want to be one of the first Juiced ION lol. unless there's already one on the forum. thanks! Very Happy
IonJon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do beleive there was one juiced Ion before, can't remember who or where I seen it tho.

Good luck with that Elvis, let us know how it works out. I've considered it myself but I am not really the funny gas type.
Mr.Cleen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea there is a guy on Saturn motorsports who juiced the Ion,hes probably on this sight as well
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey elvis I just got my nitrous kit in the mail today, I was wondering what's safe on the ion as I only have 75 hp jets
ElvisC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not juiced it yet. I've been looking at j-body.org and a cavy guy is shoot 75 and he's using 2 step colder Plugs. (NGK) I'm going with a 50 shot personally until i get forged pistons and stronger rods. Also It would be a good idea to get a wideband O2 (like aem UEGO) , fuel pressure, and nitrous pressure guages.

What kind of kit did you order? nx, zex, nos??

Also I would personally go with a wet kit because i've read that wet kits are more reliable on high shots than dry because of the fuel / nitrous mixture. So it won't lean out. I want to get a nx kit with a zex purge kit. The purge i want the rapid fire purge kit. Looks pretty cool (yes bash me if you think it's rice lol) ?IF you have any q's i know the people here can fill you in. I'm gonna :bs: you or anything but i'm just telling you what i know about it.

Let me know how it goes!! :physassult:

-Elvis
Nefarious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its good to see someone reading the stickeys before they start, i've ran a 50 shot on a cavy with no problems as of yet, its a GM NX kit, the same people use on the S series

it will be fine, as long as its wet
chance 01-sc2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude said he was runing a 80 shot. stock everything (internaly) with no feul comtroll or anything. i dont know what happened to him.

maby he had enough nos in there to blow himself up period

or maby his intake welds blew off or some thing. i donk know

either way. i have notr heard form him in a while.

-chance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: