TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Direct port
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nefarious

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Decide on a kit that's not available and won't be? There is nothing to decide. That's the whole point.

dude, you are sorly mistaken, yes there is no kit, the problem lies with the jets, custom jets ARE available, and im working on it as we speek
TheSaturnKid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOS makes about 5 billion different size of their plume jets.

All you need to know is the proper size and the FP wont be an issue.
graniteguy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am gonna go a different direction here. Wink The fact that there are sytems for ATV's and snowmobiles, etc it is reasonable a kit can be designed to run a low shot in a direct port situation. My understanding is that people want a direct port because it is a safer shot. They want it low so they can get comfortable and move higher.

There are pros and cons to a direct port kit. If you don't get the cons, you are not getting the proper information to make the decision. All that people conclude is that direct port is safer. Period. There are other factors involved, especially if you start small and work your way up. Here are some thoughts to debate.

1. It is a pain to change the jets. People have had the nozzles under the intake manifold and a jet change is a full day deal. Even if it is on top, it still takes a lot of manuevering to make the jet change. Flat out breaking a nozzle is possible for doing this.

2. Making a 35 shot will most likely be a result of changing something. Nitrous pressure down, fuel pressure up, or whatever. As you move up in size, all this stuff will have to reengineered and readjusted. There will be no official tech support until you get to 75.

3. Once in a while, you will want to check the jets just as a preventive maintenance to make sure they are not clogged. Direct port jets are inevitably gonna be smaller because the same nitrous is now divided by 4. If you plan to check the jets, read # 1.

4. A single fogger has been pretty much proven to be good for 75. The majority if not all incidents came down to user or installation error.

5. So we use a a/f guage to monitor the safety. On a single fogger, if the nitrous jet gets clogged I assume the guage will show that. If the fuel jet gets clogged, I assume the guage will show that. What if 1 fogger out of 4 gets clogged in a direct port? Will it show? I do not know but it is worthy of debating. Why will it clog? It might not, but the jet might be 4 times smaller than a single fogger jet and it could be reasoned that it would be 4 times more likely to get clogged.

6. It's about $200 more for a direct port kit. You can count on a "significant" extra cost increase if someone else installs it. The term "hard lines" comes to mind. If you bypass the hardlines, you are gonna have to spend another $100+ for flex lines. There are 8 of them and they are $12 - $20 a piece.

7. 2 jets for an upgrade on a single fogger is $10. 8 jets for a change on a DP is $80. Moving up in HP is gonna cost some bucks (as well as a lot of time)

At least think about these things before you go forward. I am sure Nefarious has the talent do make something work. With what he has done with a Saturn he has proved that he can make stuff happen.

What dissapoints me is this used to be the forum where you went to to ask real questions and get real answers. The forum was created for this purpose. The fact that 7 out of 12 people answered the poll that he would not have a problem running a 35 shot direct port is dissappointing. Noone even thought to ask if the kit was even available, or if pressure adjustments need to be made ( one or two may have). I am just cautioning people to be carefull on these nitrous threads because your answer can cause some problems for someone.
Mr.Cleen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx 4 the help guyz,i got a BIG raise at work so ill be getting nitrous in the next month or so Very Happy
Nefarious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am just cautioning people to be carefull on these nitrous threads because your answer can cause some problems for someone.

I agree dude,

which is why Im using these jets first, im doing this with all the safty measures inline, including a built mota, i guess i need to take into consideration that most dont have what the few have to make weird stuff work

thanks for your input[/quote]
graniteguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 238222, The text of this post does not exist
SefDog

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 238241, The text of this post does not exist
Nefarious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 238806, The text of this post does not exist
Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 239997, The text of this post does not exist
TheSaturnKid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 240074, The text of this post does not exist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: