TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crank slop?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Engine Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooguyfish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: crank slop? Reply with quote

I've heard the term crank slop before and never really knew what it was. Until today that is, I think I have a guess and I'd like to know if this is crank slop or not.

So I'm pulling apart a 155K mile SOHC motor, that was burning oil. I'm also pulling apart a rebuilt SOHC motor that has like 5K miles on it (there's a reason I'm pulling apart a 5K mile motor I promise). on the 5K mile motor the crank will not move side to side in the block (or in other words, it spins and nothing else). On the 155K mile motor, I CAN move the crank side to side, towards the acc. side or towards the timing side.

is this side to side movement what's known as crank slop? can this crank be used or is it trash?

thanks
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 395931, The text of this post does not exist
chrispel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 395939, The text of this post does not exist
cooguyfish

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 395972, The text of this post does not exist
Green Monstah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 396090, The text of this post does not exist
S.Bretz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 396105, The text of this post does not exist
DoubleClutchinSL2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 396160, The text of this post does not exist
S.Bretz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 396408, The text of this post does not exist
Natedogg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 396427, The text of this post does not exist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Engine Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: