TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something strange

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Something strange Reply with quote

Wasnt sure whether to post here or tech....here I guess.

Ok, for the 27th time, I got the nitrous going again after buying a new line and nipple. Bought a push button switch, wired it up, and went for a test drive. I have the 62 shot jets in for now. I got to the onramp for the highway, put it in fourth, and let it rip at 3k. It would start to pull really good, for maybe a second. After that the rpms would go up really fast, but I wasnt gaining speed. Kinda like when you lose traction. I turned off the nitrous, then tried it again at 3k in 5th, same result. Im wondering...is my clutch slipping perhaps? I thought at first I might have wired something wrong, but that doesnt seem like it would cause this sorta problem....anyone know? Thanks.
Tom01SC2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first of all, I personally wouldn't be spraying in 5th gear at 3k rpm's. That is asking for trouble, I know you above 3k rpm but you still should be in a lower gear at that speed.

Anyways, my clutch in my '01 sucked, it would start to slip when I had all my bolt ons. It was fine until I really got on it, then it would slip and do what you are experiencing. I replaced it with an ACT SS before the nitrous though, so I can't for sure tell you what is wrong...

Tom
poc301

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the clutch.
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid of that.... Confused So whats the best ACT for a daily driver?
Tom01SC2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigbadbert wrote:
I was afraid of that.... Confused So whats the best ACT for a daily driver?

Depends on how much power you are going to run in the near future. I'm thinking the one I have the SS model will be more than enough for you...

Tom
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 puck and 6 puck apparently.. thats all i hear.. or the oem clutch.. just check out ians website he has a big review of the clutch he used. bound to find an answere there.
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75 shot is the most Ill go with. Im almost positive thats the problem, because I put in the 35 jets and it runs great. All that torque from the bigger shot. Confused I guess Ill be going with the SS then. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: