TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flordia laws
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SC2-T

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: flordia laws Reply with quote

hey does any one know the laws for florida about nitros?
hustler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

call the local cops

they will know all the rules, not just some of the rules that others may tell you because they dont believe that all the laws are fair.
SATURNTERMINATOR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the police, but...when i was down there with it, all the guys i talked to who had it or knew about it said it was legal, this was in st. augustine.
Jax Fl Jon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah for the oldest city! They tried to write me a parking ticket today. -Jon
BlackBirdRacing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SATURNTERMINATOR wrote:
check the police, but...when i was down there with it, all the guys i talked to who had it or knew about it said it was legal, this was in st. augustine.

I lived in Jacksonville and was pulled over, they searched my vehicle, (thought I was selling drugs) i.e. nice car.

Found the nitrous bottle... asked if it was hooked up, I said yes
He then checked to see if the bottle was open, He stated that if it's open it's automatically a street racing ticket and they impound your car.
Automatic bottle opener same thing.
If it's closed your just tranporting it, not using it and transportation of N20 is completely legal.
Tom01SC2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackBirdRacing wrote:
SATURNTERMINATOR wrote:

He stated that if it's open it's automatically a street racing ticket and they impound your car.
Automatic bottle opener same thing.

What do you mean same thing? If you have an automatic bottle opener and it is shut you are fine? Or if you have an automatic bottle opener it is considered open?

Tom
hustler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sounds like it means, it would be considered open

and that would make sense anyways, from a law's eyes view
BlackBirdRacing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said the automatic bottle opener is seen as open regaurdless of valve position.

Cause you could close it as your getting pulled over
Jax Fl Jon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing I keep my bottle closed all d tyme. -Jon
S.Bretz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHen I got arrested, I asked the cops all about n20.

They said it was legal as long as I was using it in themanner in witch it was intended (useing it for the car and not fuffing it). I asked if was ok if I used it on the road. They said yes, but why would you... I replied " To get up to the speed limit faster". They said as long as the tires don't spin (losse traction), and there isn't anyone next to me, then it was fine.....loosing traction it considered uncontrolable acceleration.

They also said that the bottle has to be mounted outside of the passenger compartment (in the trunk) and if it was a hack typ of car, there needs to be a blown out tube that vents the n20 outta the car incast of bottle rupture...and you can run the n20 line through the passeger cabin. The lines need to be run under the car.

Cops have been becoming d1cks lately over the past 5 years, so they might find some way to bust you when you have the bottle within 10 ft of the car, uninstalled.
Jax Fl Jon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

transporting drugs in a n2o bottle! Arrest him! -Jon
SC2-T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been looking all around the internet and i cant find a place where it says that Nitrous is "legal"
miccsw2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to the owner of a local hot rod shop and he said it was legal. I have been pulled over and I don't think the cop even knew what it was. He asked why my car was so loud and that was it and I drive a gutted wagon without tinted windows so it's not like it's hard to see.
miccsw2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, one more thing, I mounted a fire ext. on the pass. a piller and a cop at a gas station once asked me why I mounted my nitrous bottle there. LMAO!
effect2g

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know for sure but from what i hear, here in Miami we have to have a special sticker or something to let people know that we are using it. I dont know for sure as it is only rumored along my racing friends. But since my community is a gated community I could ask one of the cops next time i come through here if you want. Hell just pm me a bunch of questions and ill ask the offduty lying as shole pig, i mean law abiding officer. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: