TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another nitrous list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phattysatty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: NX Reply with quote

i got a wet nx kit. 50 shot.
LowSL2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Cleen wrote:
LowSL2 wrote:
We ran something close to a 150 shot on the race car. We didn't ruin any parts until we hit the dyno. 100% human error. Most nitrous problems are ususally due to human error.

So what did u ruin?

Cracked two pistons from massive detonation.

http://www.differentracing.com/multimedia/photos/nitrous_motor/piston_1_01.jpg

http://www.differentracing.com/multimedia/photos/nitrous_motor/piston_4_01.jpg
Jax Fl Jon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran 50shot on prolly the weakest crap motor in the world, 180 comp across the board and eats oil like prices aint going any higher. But I guess I did it right because nothing bad happened. Still eats oil like noones watching and 180's across the board.
UnderdogSDA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take chrispel off the list, I bought his kit Very Happy

And put me on it est. shot is 75-100.

I had a 75 shot on my old 99 SC2, I blew a valve, from melting the spark plug J thingy, it shot through the valve. Moral of story is to run colder step spark plugs and/or cut the J thingy, I read about that somewhere.

I also had a 75 shot on the red SC2, no real problems untill I ran it TUNED for N/A with the NX and I broke a rod...probably from detonation.
Nefarious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotcha ^^^
Simo SL1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive sprayed only once, then the winter came and ive been too strapped for cash to do anything else.
soo 1 time on a 35 shot, ive had no problems
SATURNTERMINATOR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75 shot n/a

only thing I ever blew up was my air intake, it caught onfire cause the metal fuel line contacted the positive battery terminal and then ruptured so it shot fuel all over my engine and caused me to run out of gas. once i tried to restart it, it must have backfired in the intake and caught fire lol. needless to say, make sure to locate your solenoids and lines in a safe place

Wink

-Brandon
Green Monstah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't run any throught the Satty yet, but on that Camaro I used to build/repair we ran a 750 shot on a SB 305. We melted the pistons like crayons left in the window a few times before we got the timing figured out just right. We rebuilt the engine 3 to 4 times per season and the tranny 2 times per season. The converter would self destruct or the pressure plate would shatter...the usual. Most of the track junkies I met that were running nitrous fed cars had minimal problems until they tried to push the envelope. When I did see something go wrong, it was usually due to off timing, fuel pressure or a/f mix incorrect, misfiring ignition boxes, or leaky intake manifold gaskets. All could be attributed to human error.
As far as Saturns on juice go, Josh (Sl2Racer) had well over 100 bottles (75 shot, stock engine) fed through his engine, and it was pretty damn clean in there when I tore it down for fresh rings and bearings. Nothing at all unusual in there. He also had high mileage.
Turbosl2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm. I am a little lost, what are we all talking about
Mr.Cleen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts broken by use or misuse of nitrous
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im guessing that somewhere down the line nitrous use contributed to my engine blowing. I could be wrong though. Never know until its taken apart....
95satsl1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cracked a piston and chipped a valve in #3 last year in Vegas, Tom, the Silvas, Ian, Mike and Teb were all there too. I'm pretty sure it started before the track though b/c a week earlier I was dumb enough to run the fifty shot on regular gas with regular plugs Rolling Eyes New engine with thick oldschool ringlands now though so it shouldn't be a problem.
Tom01SC2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95satsl1 wrote:
cracked a piston and chipped a valve in #3 last year in Vegas, Tom, the Silvas, Ian, Mike and Teb were all there too. I'm pretty sure it started before the track though b/c a week earlier I was dumb enough to run the fifty shot on regular gas with regular plugs Rolling Eyes New engine with thick oldschool ringlands now though so it shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, in that case. Nitrous has destroyed many brain cells of mine. Because I cruised up to Vegas with Pete in his car. We had to drive back in on 3 cylinders across the desert in 110+ weather. We couldn't use A/C and couldn't go that fast. I passed out a few times that day...

Tom
jeep45238

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracked the top ring land off the #6 piston in a 302 and ballooned the converter (AOD) with slicks and a 125 shot, '87 rustang.

The kid was afraid to drive it with nitrous the first time and asked me to....I sprayed at 3000 and there you have it.

I did NOT do the install and do not know the exact jets, but he had converted it over to a 4 bbl set up, so I've got a feeling that he didn't have it tuned at all.
chrispel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran 35-50 and never had a problem even when I hit the limiter while spraying Twisted Evil

Underdog I don't see the nitrous installed yet so nah nah nah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: