TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nitrous Kit Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaturnSC95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Nitrous Kit Question Reply with quote

Alright...so I just bought a nitrous system for my 95 SC2. It is a Venom VCN 1000. What does everyone think about it? Here is some background info if you dont know about it. It is computer controlled to increase the fuel delivery at the time of spraying. It comes with a 10 lb bottle, complete kit, everything needed for installation. It also shuts off the nitrous shot if the fuel mixture is too lean in order to not hurt your engine. Let me know what you think. I got a good deal on it so I couldnt pass it up. Thanks guys.
1998sc2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this might be a stupid ? but how does it know when its to lean?
SaturnSC95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it comes with a sensor...But I am not sure...there is actually a display screen that shows the ratio with it. I am not completely sure. But I know the system retails for somewhere around 700 dollars or so. Hold on...here is exactly what the kit says...

The VCN-1000 is Venom's new entry level nitrous oxide system. This nitrous oxide system is built using Venom's proprietary closed loopcontrolsystem which ensures theproperfuelratio under all operating conditions. This nitrous oxide system features an advanced microprocessor based control module that will automatically terminate the flow of nitrous oxide if the air/fuel mixturebecomestoo lean.

You control the flow of nitrous oxide to your engine using various sized nozzles (each kit contains 4 nozzles), the module will automatically control the fuel flow to your engine using your existing fuel injectors. No modifications to fuel pressure or fuelsystem plumbing is required and best of all it works on new fuel systems that do not include a fuel return line.

This nitrous oxide system inludes a driver information display that indicates the air/fuel mixture (rich/lean) and system status.

Computer Control Module
4 Nitrous Oxide Nozzles
Wiring Harness
Nitrous Oxide Solenoid
Nitrous Oxide Bottle
Bottle Brackets
Hoses and All Fittings
Driver Information Display w/Switch
Instruction Manual & Tuning Guide
Nefarious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how does it read the A/F mixture?

please dont tell me NB

and how does it help with fuel needs?

please dont tell me electricly
hookem2oo7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting...good luck with that.
TheSaturnKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds VERY fishy.

good luck.
1998sc2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 nitrouse nosels is it direct port?
Mr.Cleen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 4 different jets to change from,i remember reading about it in SUPER STREET 2 years ago
1998sc2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well they should have said Jets
hookem2oo7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.coximport.com/venom/vcn1000.html

wow...thats scary. seems like the stock injectors would only take about a 20 shot before you had instant explosion syndrome...
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you not to get it last week
TheSaturnKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah good luck with your pieces of piston in the oil pan.
96sc2sleeper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew someone that had one of these on an acura. basically it has a built in A/F ratio meter and when it reads a lean condition it won't spray. It has two little lights that let you monitor this, so you really don't get any useful information.

The kit comes with a harness that you attach to your injectors. When the kit is active it pulses the injectors longer to add more fuel.

The kit does not have jets it comes with different colored nozzles that you use for different hp gains.

Its basically a zex dry kit that will work on a returnless system. Like zex, the power is weak. Since the stock O2 on a saturn is netoriously slow and inaccurate, this kit is begging for trouble on a Saturn.
Nefarious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The kit comes with a harness that you attach to your injectors. When the kit is active it pulses the injectors longer to add more fuel.

this is in no way directed to you guys, but........

that bull chit will NEVER change the pulse width, only the PCM can do that, it may trick the PCM and try to add fuel, but chances are it wont be sufficient

[/quote]Since the stock O2 on a saturn is netoriously slow and inaccurate, this kit is begging for trouble on a Saturn.

[quote]

see, see, HE READS Laughing thank you for that statement, i just couldn't spit it out
SaturnSC95

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for the information. I am going to sell it and get an NX wet kit... Is there a specific one you recommend? Or should I go with a different brand? I need a between a 35-75 hp gain. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: