TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brandon's Project
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Brandon's Project Reply with quote

Welp, I am having a used engine put into my car and I'll have my spare one to do stuff to. I decided with my extra money to go F/I. This will be my little corner of TurboSaturns to update on. Here are the plans. This will be an extremely long project.

Crower Rods
JE Pistons
P&P Head
Titan Turbo Manifold
T3 Turbo
MS (Already Owned)
Electronic Boost Controller
Guages (Boost, Oil, and A/R)
Wideband O2
Quaiffe Differential
ACT Clutch (not sure which yet)
Intercooler
Powerslot Rotors up front (already owned)
3" Mandrel Exhaust

Think that's it for now.
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 3/10/15

Traded the 99SL2 I had in on an '04 Ion 2 and picked up a '95 SW2 (I always loved the wagons for some reason) in November. I've decided I'm shooting for 300whp.

Current List of Amassed Parts to Date:
9.5:1 JE Forged Pistons
38mm External Wastegate (5.6psi spring)
Rear Brake Conversion Kit
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Used Crankshaft in Good Condition (spun bearing on one in car)

Reverse Indiglo Guages
TSN Sticker from Titan (5whp)

The direction of the project now is to have forged rods ordered in two weeks and then start on the engine rebuild once the weather gets warm. I am then planning to save up for BoostedSL2's turbo kit. For suspension I plan on running KYB's, an aftermarket rear swaybar, and have not decided on springs as to date. I plan to run Azenis on the stock steel wheels with hubcaps. I want a sleeper look.

I will continue to update as I acquire new parts and get into the building of everything.
sc2095

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck!! Make sure to takes pics along the way
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might.... my digital camera I bought for this project was like $330 Canon A85 4mp camera and someone stole it... not sure if I can afford another one with my budget to get this done... it's sad and depresses me. I can always use my phone I suppose.
jparf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will it pass emissions inspection or does it not have to be inspected since its a 95.
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visual, gas cap, and possibly a ecu check. I think I have a garage that will "not notice" the turbocharger though Smile PepBoys failed my saftey because my springs were not tight when the car was on a lift.... I told him before I took it in why the failed me and he said that it didn't matter and if everything else was fine it would pass.
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 3/11/2005

My nitrous kit arrived from tsrygley83 today and I purchased a 4mp Canon A85 camera off of Ebay (a bit under $300) to document the project. I have an account set up at GMTuner for webhosting and once I can start getting pictures I plan to document things and right steps for the things I complete.

The website is www.saturnwagon.gmtuner.com
I have not made an index page or anything as of yet.
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 3/28/2005

Ordered my suspension from MD Blue. KYB GR2's and H&R Sport springs for all the corners. I'm going to start focusing my efforst now on putting together and engine that will start and move the car.
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 4/7/05

Ok more parts on the way.

-Ordered a set of Maxilight Crowers from Nikon
-Paid Red the remaining amount owed on the supercharger kit
-Megasquirt, Injectors, Sensors arrived at my house and I'm very pleased with them.

The plan has changed drastically from the initial plan of a 300+hp TurboCharged mongoose, but I think a lot of times that happens. Finding good deals is a big factor. All in all I think it'll work out. I'm thinking I can push 175hp with the supercharger and then I'll put about a 50shot of nitrous on top of that. While I'm waiting for my forged rods from the group buy to come (hopefully it goes through) I'm going to take my shot at doing this on stock rods and pistons. I think it is feesible with timing and fuel control. I'm also thinking once I get the forged pistons maybe go 100shot direct port and that'll put me close to 300hp. I'm thinking traction may be more manageable this way as well.

I need to pick up a few more things yet... I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 218662, The text of this post does not exist
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 253203, The text of this post does not exist
mars_volta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 253260, The text of this post does not exist
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 253265, The text of this post does not exist
mars_volta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 253273, The text of this post does not exist
SL2 Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Missing Post Reply with quote

Missing Post # 253276, The text of this post does not exist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Area 51 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: