TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaturnSC95

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Different Kit Reply with quote

Alright, finally I did something right. I bought an NX wet kit. It looks pretty sweet. Red bottle 50 shot ready. Do yall recommend starting at a 35 shot and working up? I dont know if I should start out at a 50 and then shoot to the 75. I thought that it would be a good idea to slowly work up to that. But I dont know what I am talking about either. ..
hookem2oo7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowly work up monitoring your a/f...read your plugs, listen for pinging, etc etc. dont just jump into a 50 shot....
Nefarious

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hookem2oo7 wrote:
slowly work up monitoring your a/f...read your plugs, listen for pinging, etc etc. dont just jump into a 50 shot....

well said
SC2Sick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and don't forget to run 91 octane at least, we have 93 @ the pump up here which is nice.
Tom01SC2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you done all the basics yet? Check your compression, make sure the car is in tip top shape? Then after that, running good gas (91+), colder plugs (2 step colder isn't needed for a 35 shot), you should be good to go. Start small and work your way up, crawl before you walk, walk before you run...

Tom
Mr.Cleen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys r NGK iridium good plugs w/ nitrous?Im not sure if they're colder but iridium is supposedly the strongest material.
NYCE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Cleen wrote:
Hey guys r NGK iridium good plugs w/ nitrous?Im not sure if they're colder but iridium is supposedly the strongest material.

I have no experience with these plugs

I use the regulard NGK 2 step colder plugs...
SaturnSC95

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I run n20 i am going to get my car a good tune up. I am definately going to run colder plugs. I checked that list of orifice sizes for jets so i think i am good to go for my 35 shot and 75 shot. I will work up to the bigger shot..i figure it would be better on it and myself. Thanks guys.
chance 01-sc2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont use iridium. whe you spray the nitrous burning at high temps
will melt them.

-chance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: