TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SC2-T

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: install Reply with quote

hey guys i need a step by step install. if some one could do that for me i would be greatly apprecative.
SaturnSC95

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the NX website...they have a step by step installation page
Nefarious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will bring the link/info over here and make a stickey
schizzo97sc2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nefarious wrote:
i will bring the link/info over here and make a stickey

damn right you will Nancy

I might need to look it over as well Wink
Simo SL1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took me 6 hours to finish my nitrous setup. hardest part was fabricating a piece for my WOT switch to attach to my TB Cool
SaturnSC95

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh Simo...took me and BC around 5 hours....fabricated the WOT switch contraption...but i still have to put it on the piece. Fun to run, not fun to put in.[/quote]
schizzo97sc2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah it can't be too bad considering some of the stuff we all do on weekends Laughing
TheSaturnKid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easy.

Took me about 3 hours to get 99% of it done.

And another hour on another day to fab a WOT on the TB switch deal.

4 hours and a bottle fill=happy jeremy.
Nefarious

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardest part for me was figuring out where to mount the solinoids, RPM swith and stuff
schizzo97sc2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nefarious wrote:
hardest part for me was figuring out where to mount the solinoids, RPM swith and stuff

That's what I'm trying to plan out right now so it's less hassle later.. I'm planning on almost a completely hidden setup, so I may have to make a box or something for them to be inside, and mount that somewhere.
SaturnSC95

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is somewhat hidden...You can see the nozzle and the nitrous solenoid...if you have an aftermarket CAI, you can hide the solenoids underneath that...I have my fuel solenoid underneath it.
Simo SL1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines not hidden, i proudly display it in my engine compartment. even decided to put a nos sticker (UNDER THE HOOD)

i threw away the Nitrous Express liscense plate frames through! Cool

but yeah, fabricating the wot switch was definatly the gheyest part but it made me feel good knowing that i had "custom" fabrication under the hood heh
TheSaturnKid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EASY wot setup:

Go to radiocrack and get their mini switch, like the WOT one. It has two holes in it.

It will get put on the skinny side of the TB, the flange part that faces you as you look at the TB.

Hold it there and place it so that the throttle stop hits it when the throttle is WOT. Mark the BOTTOM hole...

Drill a hole about 3/8-1/2in deep on the side of the TB that faces you when you look at it. The skinny part. Mark it first as the placement is key.

Now screw it in so that it pivots on the screw. Dont make it tight because it wont be adjustabel at all.

Take a coathanger, bend an L with a very small lip. Then bend on the opposite side a J shape.

You can adjust it so that the L part contacts the screw and keeps it from moving the switch. Once you get that right, bend the J part over the lip of the opposite skinny side of the TB. It should "snap" onto there.

Cheap and VERY effective. I will try to get pics. It works awesomely and is 100% adjustable.

Sounds ghetto, but it works perfectly.
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah took me about 6-8 hours to finally do it (was by myself and half at night doing the wiring.. ugh that shit was annoying...) but its fun and all my stuff is hidden my nozzle is on a 45 angle behind the intake. and all the braded wires are covered in black cover stuff and the fuel noid is under the intake near the battery and the nitrous/purge noid is under the intake filter itself. pretty hard to see if you dont know wtf your looking for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: