TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about n2o quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSaturnKid

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Question about n2o quality Reply with quote

So up until recently I was having my bottle filled at a local places. I had it filled at a local dyno shop a few times, then a few times a while ago I had it filled somewhere else.

But last night I took a little road trip to summit racing to return a few things. I remember someone teling me they fill bottles too. So I said, WTF? Lets fill it here. It is more expensive, but im here so meh.

WHAT a difference. Even only on 700psi of pressure I can tell the quality of their nitrous is MUCHO better than the other places I was going to. I can now break the tires loose in first on an estimated 40-45shot. Its like night and day. The car pulls harder on less pressure from the summit n2o, than a higher pressure (comparable to like 1000psi) from somewhere else....

Can someone explain to me the difference? Is it the way they fill the bottle or just the difference in gas quality?
LowSL2

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be gas quality. But I'm not too sure how that would be determined. But it also depends on how the bottle is filled. Whenever I get a bottle filled I try to get the person to put an extra 1 to 2 lbs in. Not all places will do it because of 'safety issues' or 'liability issues'. Some places won't fill the bottle all the way either, but that's another story.

One thing you could do is if the bottle is empty, put it in the freezer with the valve all the way open for 24 hours. Then put it in a cooler and take it to have it filled. The nitrous will flow better that way and you'll get a 'better fill'.

And another thing you could do is keep about 1-2 lbs of gas in the bottle. Just before you have it filled open the bottle and evacuate the nitrous. This will actually chill the bottle and you'll get a 'better fill' that way too.
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe different filters? i know the nawwwz station around are all the same. so and a full tank for me only gets me 650 psi.. i need a bottl eheater but its not working... think i might of fried. it.. stupid brackets.. it touched the -/+.. and i think i fried it but there isnt any curcuits or anything just litterally a wire..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: