TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First kill with turbo! 90s Mustang GT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Kills Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poc301

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: First kill with turbo! 90s Mustang GT Reply with quote

I fixed the slight problem with my megasquirt this evening, and took the car out because I didn't get to drive it all day Smile

So I decided to take the highway into town, and cruise by the university to look for some college kids to race. 15 minutes later I was pulling up to a light near the college and I see an orange mid 90s Mustang GT go pulling by. He had big exhaust pipes and rumbled by, not even noticing me.

So I get to the light and go to pull out behind him ASAP. The car stalled! DOH! I REALLY REALLY REALLY need to tune this damn thing. So I restart it and pull out, chugging slightly until I come into boost and catch up quickly as the light we're approaching turns yellow.

This Stang was nice. It had big exhaust pipes and big (probably 17" or 18") chrome wheels. Nice looking. So I pull up along side and he's not paying attention to me. I rev up pretty high a few times as I pull to a stop, and he looks over at me and smiles. He revs up on me quickly, and I kinda flinched. It was L-O-U-D.

So I get to the light and stop. The car stalls again. DOH! DOH!

I begin cranking, and it takes maybe 5ish seconds to get it started again. He's laughing at me Embarassed So I kept the revs up a little and occasionally gave him a high rev to show him I was going.

He revved back once or twice, I dunno if he heard my turbo or not, but I didn't really care. I just hoped he didn't have tons of work done. I figured it would be an easy kill if he didn't have much done.

The cross street light turned yellow and he brought his revvs up, ready to launch.

My heart began pumping and my hand began trembling on the shifter. My stomach was turning itself in knots. I love this feeling...

The light turned green. I bogged slightly off the line as I waited for the boost to build, and he rocketed off. The boost was there by about 2000rpms, and I shot forward, the wheels screaming in protest as I spun loose.

My blow off valve announced second gear, and he was maybe a full carlength on me. I shifted so fast, I had boost immediately after dumping the clutch. The wheels chirped, and I rocketed forward. The turbo was whistling like a jet liner and I reeled him in and passed him as my tires struggled with all their might to retain traction. I kinda felt myself sliding a bit sideways and kept the wheel going to correct my trajectory.

I went into third about a 1/2 carlength in front of him, my blow off valve spewing the compressed air, momentarily fogging my windshield as it left from under my hood.

I eased into 3rd gear and continued to pull slowly on him, increasing my lead to maybe 2 carlengths by the end of the gear.

When I shifted into 4th, he began pulling on me slowly. As I hit 90, I let off, maybe a full carlength on him. He went flying by and let off as he realized I stopped going.

My exit to get back on the interstate was coming up, so I pulled over a lane, expecting him to go flying by me. To my surprise, he dropped back, and got on my butt and took the bypass exit too.

I slowed down around the exit curve to maybe 40mph, him riding my butt. He flashed his brights at me and I looked in my rearview. He was holding up his hand and mouthing "Wait" at me. So I pulled out and merged onto the highway, doing about 40, and he pulled up next to me and rolled his window down.

"You let off as I was going to kill you. Want to run again on the open highway? I'll eat you up."

I smiled and said okay, and that this time I would run my regular boost level. He made a funny face and dropped a gear, taking off on me before I could get ready.

I reached up and turned my boost controller from setting 1 (7psi) to setting 2 (12.5psi), dropped it to 3rd gear. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I ripped the wheels loose briefly and then took off like a bat out of hell. His carlength lead quickly fell and as I shifted into 4th, I began to pull ahead of him.

I rocketed forward, being pushed so far back in my seat, I almost pissed myself. I pulled on him so hard, I wish I could've seen the look on his face.

I went up until about 120mph and was a good 10 carlengths ahead of him when I finally hit the breaks and slowed down.

He never caught up with me. I guess embarassed. God I love turbos...
SATURNTERMINATOR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the sh1t I love it good story
XwArLoRdX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roflmao, that was great Bill ;-D
haunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome kill

<=== jealous
elovis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your really need to werite a book about your car Bill.

I love these stories, they make me feel like I am right in the passenger seat.
mars_volta

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kleenex please.
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
2000_Slammed_Sedan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fucking killer man

i love it! Very Happy
SC2Girl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Kill!

Awesome write up, btw.
SLeepr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and he thought he was going to Kill Bill. The guy is probably still shaking his head. Way to blow his nuts off the highway.
AdrenalineRush97SL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet kill...these stories always make me feel like im right there
MD_BLUE_SL2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and it begins!!! LOL great stuff!!!
saturnsport8k

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there can only be 1 highlander
Simo SL1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome kill dude
Titan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody tells a better story than Bill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Kills Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: