TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

would 6ft of stainless steel line be long enough??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: would 6ft of stainless steel line be long enough?? Reply with quote

hey

i can get this. for a pressure gauge for nitrous.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486374033&category=6755&sspagename=WDVW

thinking of snagging that. up.. but i am putting the bottle in my spare tire area.. in a bag (its a little elligal to have nitrous.. in a car in canada in operating fashion...) and i will be putting a gauge pod in the usual spot.. with the a/f gauge.

so i was just curious if 6 feet would reach it.. i am 90% sure it wont be enough.. but curious. do i reall yneed steel braided hoses for that? or can i use sometime else.. otherwise i will just have one on the bottle itself. in my trunk. and wait for it to get it around 700-900 psi before i go out hunting or whatever my case may be.

also is that a good price?? for one.
TheSaturnKid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont do it that way. Buy a 4an tee so you can T off the n2o line under the hood.

Less line that way.
ncspeed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSaturnKid wrote:
Dont do it that way. Buy a 4an tee so you can T off the n2o line under the hood.

Less line that way.

ya what he said this is what majority of people do, but shop on ebay to run a line from the tee to your gauge or u can possibly go get your own braided line and put the fittings on your self for cheaper.
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm sounds good i was thinking of about doing that but wasnt sure.. if the line pressure would be as accurate as at right at the bottle neck.

i'll probally do the pressure pod later when i get more money.. after the a/f gauge, heated o2 sensor, and nitrous kit, then filling it up. and misc piece.. gonna be around 7-800 canadian.. not bad i guess..
ncspeed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I would think the pressure would be the same at the sylynoids as it is at the bottle but if I am wrong then please some one correct me.
Nefarious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
well I would think the pressure would be the same at the sylynoids as it is at the bottle but if I am wrong then please some one correct me

right around the same give er take a few psi, yes that would be safe to assume, but thats why guages are ideal, afterall, you know what assuming does...LOL man
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: