TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stupid question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Stupid question Reply with quote

I was wondering, if I take my bottle to get it filled, can I have them only put a certain amount of nitrous in it? IE 10lbs in a 15lb bottle? I didnt know if they only fill it completely or not at all. Yeah...Im poor, and were going to the track friday damnit.
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in theory about that stuff.. i guess its possible. cause its the lbs it measures in... its like having a glass half empty or half full... lol..

my best guess would be ya they could.. why not?.. sure its pressurized.. but either 10lbs in the bottle empty.. or being filled only 10lbs... its all pressure related so ya.. i guess. lol call your local nawwws filler and ask.
chrispel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they can only fill it as much as you want.
KruxSC2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The place I go will only completely fill.
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just said F it and filled it all the way up. And of course something went wrong...my fitting is fucked up, agian, so Im going to have to get it replaced...again. Rolling Eyes
KruxSC2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Did you buy your kit used?
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, new. I posted about what originally happened in a thread titled So fucking close. Basically broke off a fitting in the end of the line, and couldnt get it out , so I had a place put on a new AN fitting. This time, the threads were crossed where it attaches to the bottle, so I had to buy a new little nipple thing, and tommorrow the fitting.
KruxSC2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that sucks. So far I haven't even put the new bottle nipple on my new one. Don't have a big enough wrench to torque the adaptor piece down hehe.
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have the right size either. I just use damn vice grips. Maybe that was what fucked it up. Confused It pisses me off to cuz I just put in the 62 jets and I wanna know what its like with a full bottle.
KruxSC2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't even have vice grips. Embarassed I need new tools.
*edit*
I've got 75 Shot Jets in right now. I'm kinda scared cuz I've only ever used a 50
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried it when the bottle was almost empty but didnt pull that hard. Confused Tell me what you think about it, so I can convince myself to do it too!! Very Happy Very Happy
KruxSC2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I will until I get a bottle heater. Bottle pressure is a problem for me to. I kept getting some really unimpressive hits with the 50. Partly inspiring me to go up to 75.

But if it's a pressure problem I don't wanna do it. But now I have a bottle pressure gauge so I can find out if that's it or not.
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you hooking yours up? I want to put mine on the bottle but dont know where it goes. Embarassed Rolling Eyes Only thing I can think of is the little pressure relief valve thingy.
KruxSC2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gauge came with an AN adaptor

It goes. Nozzle>Adaptor>Feed Line

The AN Adaptor has 4 holes

One from the bottle. 2 in the middle, one with the gauge, 1 plugged and the adaptor end that the feed line hooks up too.

edit*

You wouldn't want to put it at the burst disc. That's a huge safety issue. And besides you need a blowdown tube if you're gonna run at a track.
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Well, I didnt plan on putting it there without asking first. The track here doesnt require a blowdown tube believe it or not. I was suprised.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: