TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plastic manifold.......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Plastic manifold....... Reply with quote

Can someone tell me if the plastic manifold on the ION is think enough to be tapped into for a direct port kit? Im starting to doubt it will and i got the kit on the way. Its a direct port kit.
Nikongod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would have to reinforce it.
poc301

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the walls of that thing are very thin and feeble. I wouldn't chance it.
Nikongod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have gone over this before in regards to the s-car's plastic manifold. the ion one isnt that diferent in construction.

if i rember, after beating the topic with a stick, i forgott what was agreed uppon.

the little jets that go under the fuel injectors MAY work on your engine..... they may not though.
01SC2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in knowing if the manifold will hold up, too. I've been waiting on the NXL kit from NX, but I dont know if that's still in the works or not. Does anyone know anything about that kit? Anyway, I was thinking of maybe getting the universal direct port kit from NX and tapping the manifold.
poc301

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd REALLY not tap that plastic manifold. Really not a good idea. It could cause a lot of problems.

I wouldn't hold out on that NXL kit. That thing has been "in the works" for years.

Just go with a wet kit.
graniteguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NOS system says if you can raise the fuel rails 1" you can use their version. I don't think it worked on an s series, but it might for the ion. I think it is NOS that has it.
graniteguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's a link.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/NOSNS/NOSzle.html
95satsl1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a guy in vegas (had a first gen blue sc2, I think his name is Seth, cool guy) who had the NOS system on his car. It was a lot of custom fabbing but he got it to work so I'd think it would be possible on the ION.
graniteguy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option is to switch to the upgraded nozzles. Rather than relying on a tapped hole to screw it into, you'll have a nut that clamps into the hole that you screw the nozzle into. I switched mine out on my single fogger system after the nozzle kept spinning in the hole. This will allow you to keep the nx system you have coming. I think the nozzles are $20 a piece or more, but I wouldn't do it any other way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

graniteguy wrote:
Another option is to switch to the upgraded nozzles. Rather than relying on a tapped hole to screw it into, you'll have a nut that clamps into the hole that you screw the nozzle into. I switched mine out on my single fogger system after the nozzle kept spinning in the hole. This will allow you to keep the nx system you have coming. I think the nozzles are $20 a piece or more, but I wouldn't do it any other way.

Ny links for this?

Thanks! EYEon
graniteguy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the nx site and could not find a pic. They make 2 nozzles - shark and pirranha. One of them has a longer screw section. It comes with what in essence is a hollow bolt and a nut. A hole is drilled and the bolt/nut screw into each other. This provides a solid threaded shaft to screw the nozzle into. I hope the description makes sense since I can't find a pic at the moment. It's the way to go even if it's a single nozzle on your air intake.
95satsl1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your talking about the shark nozzle, which is the one that comes standard with the single fogger wet kits. Thats actually not a bad idea, although it may be a lil tricky to get them as far back as you'd need inside that manifold.
Bigbadbert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was a pain in the ass to get on my intake....I cant imagine trying to do it on the manifold. Confused
graniteguy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95satsl1 wrote:
your talking about the shark nozzle, which is the one that comes standard with the single fogger wet kits. Thats actually not a bad idea, although it may be a lil tricky to get them as far back as you'd need inside that manifold.

Your probably rigt. I started with a direct port kit and the nozzles just plain sucked. It was in the plastic manifold that I installed them. If you did anything to the nozzles like change jet sizing you would lose the stbility of the nozzles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: