TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need an answer for this question LOOk.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: need an answer for this question LOOk. Reply with quote

hey i was thinkig last night at work when i was bored...

so what cuase the saturn engine to go cablowly... when forced induction ei turbo, s/c , nitrous?

is it the bad and unproper mix of a/f ratio or is it the ammount of instant stress on the internal of when the trubo gets into boost or s/c or when you hit the shot of nitrous?..

i presume its more of the last one.. when the sudden surge of power kicks in and rocks the engine with the extra ammount of torque created. but i know obivously the a/f if not enough fuel or 2 much fuel.. that cause damage as well.

correct? or am i totally off on this.
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detonation
Twin_Cam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said ^^^

Caused by too much air, too little fuel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the posts about setups, tuning, etc.... everyone always stress's fuel tuning. As long as theres enough fuel, the internals to melt down and the LLO go BOOOOM Shocked Shocked
poc301

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power amount doesn't matter to most of us the way A/F ratio does. Most people don't run enough power to worry about if the internals can handle the power. THose that do keep a careful eye on the air/fuel ratio and timing. Tuning is everything.
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it she a/f thats the biggest thing to keep an eye on and not as much as to worry about the internal and such.. but stronger internals like betterplugs and wires are just safeguards from going baboomy...
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the little things we do like colder spark plugs and intercoolers are all for trying to stop detonation

now yes whin you get to the 230-250 HP mark you have to worey about the rods and pistons failing

but even forged stuff can faile with pro long detonation

the reast is humen air

like with SETHs motor --- the motor builder made the piston to wall clarance to tite ---- he would have been ok just running N/A but he was on the juse

things happen that could have been prevented but you would have to be a engenear to forsee most of the things

all of us are expairementing on owne cars to see what we can do

if your woreyed about things going bad --- do not modd your car
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah i am just buying a dohc and rebuild it lol and putting that in the garage for when and if i blow up my motor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: