TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who all has taken out an engine in kaboom form with juice?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hustler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: who all has taken out an engine in kaboom form with juice? Reply with quote

im gona get a nitrous set up soon, and i'd like to learn from ur guys' experiences if u've blown up an engine due to spraying.

what kinda kit do u run, what kind of monitering do you do as far as guages, how often do u spray, between what rpm's...u know some details that if overlooked could cause another engine to get toasted.

no hatin here for guys who have blown their stuff up, i just wanna learn from u guys so i dont if its possible lol

thanks for any imput
cya
brad
XwArLoRdX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to Seth.. he'll inspire you.
S.Bretz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I blew two.... but nothing as fancy as the almighty "Seth the Destroyer".

I hada Zex dry kit. It sucks. I ad it hooked up wrong due to vague intructions.... after two motors and lots of thinking, I figure out what I did (was very simple and stupid). I built the current engine and hok the zex up properly.... well with it hooked up properly it ran like cr@p....stong pull till about 4800. After that it was gettting choke out.

Get a wet kit, and get N.O.S or NX.
DCxMagus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most the information your seeking is in the stickies

You want to monitor your wideband, your nitrous pressure, your nitrous bottle temp. as well as the flow to all the sylinders if thats possiable.

Don't spray below 3k and stop spraying about 500rpm before your rev limiter, never spray if your not at WOT and don't spray off the line(unless you rev past 3k)
chrispel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spary at 2k and let off right before redline. The funny things is I hit redline twice without doing any damage but I got off of it as soon as it hit. And I was olny running a 50 shot at the time last season. No more nitrous for me. I would have liked to see what my motor would have done this season with it, but now its turbo time.
Nefarious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i smoked the #3 rod, using 100 shot with all the a/f goodies, and and sprayed more times than i can count
graniteguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a 75 shot direct port I melted 2 plugs. The cheapo a/f guage did go red to tell me to stop. The reason was on direct port you have to LOWER the fuel PSI to the fuel nozzle down to 10 psi which I didn't know to do.

While testing the 75 shot (with the reduced fuel pressure), I ran the car for a few seconds and put it in neutral and shut the engine off so I could coast to a stop and check the spark plugs. I had not hooked up the WOT switch or the fp shotoff switch. When I shut the engine off, I still had nitrous spraying (forgot to flip the main arming switch)and my intake manifold blew up. I said F-it and reinstalled a single fogger instead of direct port.
red97sc2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop it STOP IT. You guys are scaring me Shocked
Nefarious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry red

those of us blowing stuff up are using big shots and using it alot
red97sc2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all this talk about blowing things up Laughing and seeing Seth's pics for the first time a few weeks ago I was getting worried about running n2o at all. After all, I'm still "VERY" partial to a supercharger. There is something about them that appeals to me very much.
Nefarious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

supa charges rock, i love em, i have a weiland 4000 on my 454 suburban Twisted Evil
Nefarious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a side note, i dont believe it was the nitrous that blew seth's motor up, the pistons looked good and he ruled out detonation, and he sprayed a 75 shot direct port which is the safest way, his problem was deeper than that
red97sc2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a toss up here:

N2O = $750 (Piece together a kit)
S/C = $1500 (give or take a little - another piece together with help)

I know the S/C is more but it's an up front cost. $1500 and it's done. The n2o is another up front cost of $750 BUT, one little two little 3 little bottle fills, 4 little 5 little 6 little bottle fills..... It adds up to more than the S/C. Plus, in my mind, if the S/C is set up correctly, there is less of a chance of blowing something up. If I'm wrong please correct me but I've always though running a low but constant boost (ala SCDyne style) would be better/safer.

(By low boost I mean like 6 psi - Nothing like these other guys with 16 or 20psi) Shocked
hustler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, thanks for all ur responses!
very helpful stuff. about seths, yea i remember (who could forget that?? lol) talkin to him and he kinda mentioned that it was prolly not nitrous related, but instead a piston seizing in the bore..and that gave me some more confidence again LOL

once again thanks! and if anyone has more info to add, i'd love to hear it

cya
brad
SefDog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graniteguy wrote:
The reason was on direct port you have to LOWER the fuel PSI to the fuel nozzle down to 10 psi which I didn't know to do.

where the heck did you hear that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: