TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who all has taken out an engine in kaboom form with juice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graniteguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NX tech. This applies to an NX kit with a 75 shot. I can't comment on other brands. It does not apply to a 100 shot, only 75.
Nefarious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

droping the fuel pressure is perposterous, weather the feul/n2o is sprayed in the intake or runners, its still the same amount ingested ... PERIOD...., dropping the fuel pressure on a stock system, you'd be lucky if it even ran after that, unless you have the entire jet assortement, standalone fuel managment, wbo2 and another head, and have tested with many jets for many hours on many dynos and many roadways and tracks, i wouldn't even attempt this
Nikongod

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nefarious wrote:
droping the fuel pressure is perposterous, weather the feul/n2o is sprayed in the intake or runners, its still the same amount ingested ... PERIOD...., dropping the fuel pressure on a stock system, you'd be lucky if it even ran after that, unless you have the entire jet assortement, standalone fuel managment, wbo2 and another head, and have tested with many jets for many hours on many dynos and many roadways and tracks, i wouldn't even attempt this

why not run a 10psi regulator after the efi 47psi one?

this way you still have 47psi reaching the fuel injectors, like hty eneed, and you have ONLY 10psi reaching the nitrous bits.

the fuel jet necessary for a 75 direct port with 10 psi fuel pressure is less likely to clog than the jet for the 47psi fuel pressure....

running a 17jet rather than a 18 on a 47psi fuel system can blow an engine even though it was slightly rich for betst power on the 18 jet, doing the same to a 10psi fuel system is a nice bump in power. jet sizes as ilustrative example.
graniteguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is NX doesn't sell it as a 75 shot kit. People like fonzo sell it as a 75 shot kit. He said nothing about it (lowering psi) when he sold me the kit (I'm still a little peeved 2 years later). NX doesn't recognize a 75 HP direct port kit so there was nothing in the directions about it. To make it work it requires lower psi to the nozzles only. After you tee off the main line, you reduce the pressure.

As far as 18 or 17 jets, remember that you are dividing the fuel into 4 separate components when you go direct. The jetting you use on a single fogger has no basis on a direct port kit. For full pressure the jet would have to be so small that fuel might not go through. Lower pressure and a bigger jet solves this. Once you get to 100 shot the problem goes away.
Bix VT

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep eharing of sef's kaboom but when I run a search nothing shows up...
Abe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fear not the kaboom.

When you buy, buy a good wet kit (NOS, nitrousworks and ZEX are crap). Be sensible and keep your fuel system in good order. Take time in planning out your kit. Use a window switch and a WOT switch to keep you from spraying when you shouldn't. Keep the fuel octane @ 91 or above. Use plugs that are 2 steps colder than stock.

Doing these simple things will prevent the KABOOM.

Abe
Jason96SL2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, NOS techs told me their kit was designed for lower fuel pressure also. (Direct port) It ran really really rich on the factory fuel pressure.

Back on topic, I smoked cyl 3 on the bottle and mostly fried the rings on the rest. Probably due to spraying too early and a massive backfire. Running that rich did a little damage I think with washing.
hustler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
fear not the kaboom

LOL
thats just really funny to me!

thanks for all the advice guys

i was planning on a nx wet kit like everyone has, then i saw a cold fusion kit that a guy on here has for sale, and that sounds tempting. im pretty sure im gona get that when the funding is secure enough to make a purchase.

anyone heard good/bad things about the cold fusion kits?

cya
brad
Tom01SC2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abe wrote:
Fear not the kaboom.

When you buy, buy a good wet kit (NOS, nitrousworks and ZEX are crap). Be sensible and keep your fuel system in good order. Take time in planning out your kit. Use a window switch and a WOT switch to keep you from spraying when you shouldn't. Keep the fuel octane @ 91 or above. Use plugs that are 2 steps colder than stock.

Doing these simple things will prevent the KABOOM.

Abe

Well put, sounds pretty much like my set up and I have gone through my fair share of bottles all on a 75 shot...

Tom
Turbosl2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone sprayin direct port with boost. I have been working on my car again with the MS and 52# injectors and i am going to be running 15-17psi again with a 75shot of direct port. Forged pistons but with the 99+fracture rods. The rods being stock scare me a little bit. From working at saturn i have never seen a BROKEN newer style rod which is why i choose to go wtih them for my JE pistons. I never had a problem running 15-17psi with my setup before maybe due to the fact of good tuning and a balanced engine, but now throwing at least a 75shot to it along with the boost scares me a little but i am up for a challenge again. It would be cool if a person did this before and could prove that it could be done. Most people would say Crower rods, and so would I, but i have not even seen our LL0 motor tested with forged pistons and all balanced and blueprinted with 99+rods. right now my motor is torn apart and the pistons are at swaintech recieveing the topcoat and pc-9 skirt coat.
The FAMOUS Kit from seth hopefully will work good. LoL
When spring comes again and i take it out for a ride i will let you guys know the outcome, i have a feeling it will be great as long as i can get it tuned in.
Tom
Jason96SL2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going through all the trouble why don't you use some crower or pauter rods?
Nefarious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know, no body is spraying d/p with boost, jw just sprayed a fiddy with boost, nobody active tho, better have a built bottom end, the D/R has both, might as well be direct port, didja see their I/M and where the solinoid was positioned Shocked cant wait to see those guys after the cars broke in and tuned
95satsl1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i have gone through one motor and was spraying with it (theres pics up somewhere of the slightly chipped piston and exhaust valve Laughing ). I couldn't tell ya exactly when it went but it probably had something to do with my dumbass deciding it was fine to spray a lil bit of a 50 shot on 87 octane and stock plugs Confused That being said, stick to colder plugs and high octane fuel, should be good (as Tom mentioned he's been through more bottles than I can say on a 75 shot and no probs).
Brandon94SC2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im also intereasted in running boost/N2O at the same time. I assume say an intercooler sprayer kit would not net the same power as would the nitrous actually entering the cylinder, correct?
S.Bretz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken out 2 engines with n2o and now one with 15psi. Seth has some catching up to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: