TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index TSN.SaturnWiki.net
An archive of the old turbosaturns.net board

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thinking about NOS...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: thinking about NOS... Reply with quote

before i get flamed for using the term NOS, im actually looking to get a NOS (holley) wet kit... its got the full setup plus purge, fuel safety switch, and rpm window switch...

i have a 97 sc1 w/ 133 KMS.. not sure how many miles that is thou... thinking about putting that on my car... i was wondering was i should realistically be expecting out of it... quarter times and how much quicker it will be... so far i have a CAI, bored tb, and axle back exhaust...

willl i have any problems since my car runs dirt rich right now? and i have valve clatter (i think thats the correct term) during idle... anything i should be worried about? im only looking to use the 50 shot...

or should i scrap this idea and go for a dohc head swap? or boost it since i can get custom exhaust manifolds made? only reason im thinking about getting the NOS kit is that its really cheap and all brand new...

thanks
dazz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also... if i put this on my car im looking to get the zex injector? filter... would i see any complications (since i have a CAI) with this? anyone used or heard if this is any good?

only reason i want this is so that i can hide most of the NOS stuff...
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried reading the stickeys ???

your plans sonds like on the peased togethere side of a bad set up

I'm trying to say that you may be better off just getting a kit with every thing that you need

inless all this miss matched set up was all FREE
dazz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no... its a full NOS / Holley wet kit... brand new... it includes the fuel safety switch, purge, and rpm window switch... the only thing i was thinking of using with the kit is the zex filter... the one where you have the injector screw into the end of the filter so you dont have to drill and tap your intake pipe...
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean the air fillter ?????

from zex
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean that ????
BC.Live Wire

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELL all I have to say is that you need to read the stickyes befor you pay for a thing

becouse that set up you are discribing sounds fishey at the most
ncspeed

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that zex filter is for dry kit only not a wet system, zex also is crap. I would go with the NX gm efi kit that is what most of us have and there hp gains are very accurate, if you put a 50 shot you get a 50 hp increase, also I heard that NOS "holley" nozzles have a tendency to puddle up in your intake which is very bad. Also you really want the nitrous as close as possible to your tb for best results.
Nefarious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, that is for a dry kit ONLY, if you use it, the spray pattern will suck and you'll not get a good hit, plus you cant mix with the fuel and have a wet system unless you jerry rig something, which is dumb with nitrous, that kit is good, no matter what you do, it will be evident that you have n2o, why would you want to hide it?? is it moma's ride LOL

Quote:
I heard that NOS "holley" nozzles have a tendency to puddle up in your intake which is very bad.

naw, if you're concerned, use an NX paranah nozzle, but i use the nitrous (holley) fogger 2, and it works great, if it puddles its because the solinoids are weak
dazz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah im just stupid... forgot that a wet kit sprays fuel and n2o in the intake... Embarassed

but yeah... i still dont get why you think this setup is shady? its a full kit with a few of the optional pieces brand new? whats so shady about that?

only reason im thinking about getting the N.O.S. kit in particular is that im getting it pretty cheap considering the stuff thats included...

and no... its my car... i just dont want the hassle from cops or crossing the border... also, it adds to the sleeper effect...

so it would be damn hard to hide a wet kit eh? would like to go with a dry kit just so i can hide it but id want to stay on the safe side since my car is a little bit older and high KMS...

thanks for the replies... and you guys are definitely quick on this board...
dazz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to ask.... how fast do sohc 5spds run with a 50 shot? high 15s?
Nefarious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, 15's if you can drive, (not to say you cant) but you know, to hide the system, you'd need to mount the solinoids out of sight, you'd have to mount the fogger nozzle out of sight, and if you are looking for a sleeper look, why bother with a purge??? that is a riceer magnet big time, no body has to know you have it, i dont know anyone that can see through hoods and quarter panels, its not a shaddy setup, now that Zex crap filter/whatever, is a gimic, the idea of it is appealing but for safty, reliability and overall affect, just use a fogger nozzle, you can mount it undernieth the intake piping where nobody can see it unless they start poking there head in ominous degrees and are looking for one, and you can hide the solinoids, but why??? be proud, i bet you think its a cheap trick, dont you??? well, its not
95satsl1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I was at Slickbird (aka Firebird International Raceway) last year in november I ran a 15.8 with a 2.8 second 60 ft time on a 50 shot in the SL1, that was with no traction whatsoever and not spraying in 1st gear either. I did end up with an 87mph trap speed. One of these days I'll get the track and get there early enough to actually get in with the 50 shot and be able to see what it does Confused
Rear-Vue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dazz hehe well ya. ( i know him) i told him to do the usal stuff from the sticky's

colder plugs, larger exhaust, check the ignition (wires) etc.. a/f nb or wbo2 and so forth..

basically do the same setup as me dazz.

2 step colder plugs
a/f gauge (25 bars)
nbo2 sensor
wet kit all noids hidden under air intake filter hehe all braided wires are in that black wrapper cover stuff and the fogger nose is behind on an angle. about 3 inchs from the TB.

i've been running the 75 shot without a problem sofar on the sohc and it has 170,000km Razz oh ya i highly recommend getting a leakdown and a compression test.. but 98% of the time if your good in the compression test a leakdownis no real point.. afterwards..

just read the sticky's.. and make your choice from there. i went nitrous over turbo cause 1. it was cheaper, great deal at the time and cheap HP. turbo is alot funner.. but is more time consuming and plus more down time. and etc. but all your choice. nitrous is fun as hell. hehe

i kept up with a desently modified camero ss today. woot. lol istill think he was playing with me... jerk.. lol but oh well ithink i surprised the shit out of him when i keep close to him. the whole way.. hehe

i think.. i am somewhere near the low 15's.. i hope. i spank the sht out civics and various other cars that are stock mid to high 5's....

raced a sentra type R or whatever it is.. and i just nudged ahead by maybe.. 1/2 a car lenght and he had a cai, fart can. smoked my ass on the highway though..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TSN.SaturnWiki.net Forum Index -> Nitrous Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: